SAP Event Monitoring Universal Task (Linux)
SAP® Event Monitoring in Universal Automation Center
Universal Task queries the SAP Event history table for the selected SAP Event & Parameter. If the Event is found, it gets confirmed, so that it is not triggered again. Optionally a task can be launched, based on the occurrence of an Event & Parameter.
Some details about the Universal Task for SAP Event Monitoring
- The Universal Task will monitor the SAP Event history table for a certain event and related parameter.
- For the Parameters wildcards “*” are supported
- The Event is retrieved by calling the USAP command: “display event_history”
- Once the Event and Parameter have been identified the Event is confirmed in SAP, so that the monitor will not trigger a second time (optional setting)
- Once the Event and Parameter have been identified and confirmed the assigned task is started using the CLI command: ops-task-launch
- If no task is specified, the UT runs in Monitoring mode and goes to success in case an Event has been identified
- Currently only SAP connections via the sapnwrfc.ini destination file is supported. Please contact Stonebranch, if a Version for standard SAP Application Server connection is required (minimal efforts).
- You can create a Task Monitor trigger out of this task by adding an action to the Universal Task, which re-started the task in case of success.
- You can set different log-levels for the Universal task, providing you more information in case of issues
- This Universal Task been added to the CTK-Conversion tool to map automatically Tivoli Workload Scheduler Sap Monitors called: eventProvider="SapMonitor" towards this UT.