Run a Command/Script on a Remote SSH Server (Linux/Windows)
Universal Task to run a command or Universal Controller "data" script on a remote ssh server.
Enables the execution of commands and scripts from the Universal Controller script library on a remote Unix/Linux or Windows SSH server.
- The Universal Task will end with the exit code from the remote command/script.
- Both stdout and stderr from the remote task are returned to the Universal Task's stdout. Stderr is used for messages from the Universal Task itself.
- Requires Python 3.6 or higher with the ssh2-python module installed.
- Tested with the Universal Agent bundled Python distribution.
- You can set different log-levels for the Universal task, providing you more or less information to suit your needs.
- The Universal Task supports both Linux/Unix and Windows.
Users should note that the SSH task is unable to provide the following functionality that is available for tasks that execute on a Universal Agent.
- No Agent visibility, status, or alerting is available.
- The remote command or script cannot be cancelled from the controller UI, cancelling the SSH task will only cancel the Universal Task Python script that is initiating the SSH session.
- No fault tolerant functionality.
- No clustering, load balancing, or broadcast functionality.